Korean Artist
I was lucky enough to see Gwon's sculptures at Manchester Art Gallery last year.It was an amazing exhibition with each life sized sculpture (including a police officer on a horse) being created with hundreds of photographs. This time consuming process gives a fantastic effect, it makes the real become surreal.I love people and i love photographs so i was instantly drawn to Gwon's work. I have come to realize that what i produce naturally in my work always has a recognisable form to it, some kind of illustration or graphic and i think this exhibition strikes a cord because Gwon has deconstructed then reconstruced the human form to create these brilliant sculptures.



might i suggest also looking at my fave book. tactile.. theres an artist in there that does something similar using a program called pepakura http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/ ....a 3d head made from paper :) also reminds me of Hockney's pearlblossom highway :D but in 3d
ReplyDelete