Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Sping Fair Birmingham NEC Feb 2010






I visited The Spring Fair at Birmingham's NEC on Tuesday 9Th Feb. This trade show is an annual event where retailers get the chance to view what new products and designs are available. It was slightly over whelming as a first time visitor , due to the vast array of products on display. I spent time in the stationary hall and noticed several trends including delicate laser cuts, silhouettes and embossing, lots of illustrations of animals particularly rabbits and birds. Lots of white , photographs and bold graphic prints and single motifs. I also visited the interior hall and saw evidence of vintage and old English nostalgic design and also very vibrant Scandinavian reds and whites , very complex detailed floral patterns and lots of stitch applique and beautiful embroidery. I was particularly drawn to the French and Dutch designs of both La Marelle and Pip Studio.


La Marelle is a publishing company which was created in 2004 by Pascale Nivet and Fabrice Bernetiere in France. The company produces designs by Mile Heloise and Nathalie Lete and is hoping to become a publishing house for 50 cutting edge illustrators . I love all the product ranges they are very different and eye catching. The designs are striking and quirky lots of little details and humour , tres magnifique!
www.lamarelle.net





Mary and the Wolf
polypropylene bag
designer Miss Heloise

Flexible notebook
designer Martine Roch
Set of melamine dishes
designer Miss Heloise

post card 14 cm x 14 cm
designer Lauranne Quentic













2 comments: