Monday, 26 April 2010

Roman Catholic icons

I was brought up as a Catholic and attended Catholic school so religious images and symbols were always in view . I no longer practise this faith but i still have a love of the imagery , the campness , sugary colours and the surreal qualities fascinate me , its all so kitsch and as a child it had a massive impact on me !
















As a mature student i have found that this course is becoming a journey of self discovery, i no longer see it as career based but more as an opportunity for me to figure stuff out. I want this project to be thought provoking and interesting so I'm using religion as a vehicle to make my point.Catholicism has many flaws in my opinion and it is only just starting to be held accountable for all its wrong doings. It is fundamentally a tool to control peoples behavior through guilt and fear and we need to ask questions regarding the behaviour of the Catholic hierarchy!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment