His career spans over 40 years and he has created designs for music album covers for several famous artists including The Carpenters and Blink 182. He has also designed illustrations for publications such as Wired, The New Yorker, Harper's and the New York Times.He has moved with the times and worked digitally although recently has once again gone back to working with paper and glue. I am inspired by Beach's work, i absolutely love it. It is quirky and humours and really well executed . For this project i am interested in artists who use collage as a technique and in my opinion Beach is a master in this process. I am intrigued by the content of the images , the dark, sinister some times creepy subject matter which is often displayed in a jolly , jovial ,light hearted back ground.
I feel an immediate affinity with his work and it is similar to what i produce myself. There are a lot of people and animal references and definitely a wicked sense of humour at play.
www.loubeach.com





No comments:
Post a Comment