I came across the beautiful work of Peter Clark when I saw an article about his collages in issue 38 of Selvedge magazine Jan/Feb 2011. He has spent a life time collecting and salvaging packaging and paper which is uses to create the most amazing collages . I was particularly drawn to his work not only because of the stunning quality of it but also because of the subjects he has chosen . I am working on both animals and garments in my collage work for my final major project so it was wonderful to find these exquisite examples .Clark prefers to use papers that are stained and faded and his use of layering to create texture is one of the techniques he uses to give the' dog 'collages personality and charm. The paper choice is genius and the colour palettes for each piece work so beautifully , Clark has an eye for placement using the patterns and lines in the recycled papers , maps , stamps etc to stunning effect .
www.peterclarkcollage.com
No comments:
Post a Comment