Saturday, 20 March 2010

Alice in Wonderland Film by Tim Burton

Woahhhhh what an amazing visual experience! I saw this film last night at the imax cinema in Manchester WOW ! The make up, the costumes, the cast, the voices ,amazing! It has reassured me that I'm not the only person who produces weird imagery and that the surreal does have a mass appeal . I was particularly looking at the colours and the florals in relation to my current college brief , the flowers had faces and there were mushrooms a plenty, right up my street ! As for the colour palette well it was loud and proud, one of the most powerful scenes for me was the red and white battle sequence towards the end of the film awesome! The story has been presented in film before but this interpretation is so incredibly well photographed and beautifully executed that for me( some one who really struggles with digital design!) it is a technical triumph !









No comments:

Post a Comment