Saturday, 20 March 2010

Planet Of The Apes TV series 1974 created by Anthony Wilson

I have very fond memories of this science fiction TV series from my child hood. I was never interested in the plot or story it was always the visuals . There are some reoccurring themes developing in my work ,people, animals , surrealism , nonsense, illustration. I think that because my previous jobs have always involved very heavy real life crisis situations I have had enough of keeping it real and want to tap into my bizarre creative side that has always been lurking in the back ground ! This TV show was one of my favourites i especially loved the character Galen played by actor Roddy McDowell ( i think Roddy's speaking voice was a big part of the appeal, he played the part of another chimp called Cornelius in the film ) The sets , costumes and make up were ahead of their time but if you look at them now the probably seem very primitive, this only adds to the magic for me !



No comments:

Post a Comment