Friday, 13 May 2011

FMP images



These images are ideas for products that could carry my design, I feel that the simple pattern repeat works on some items such as the curtain and the door draught excluder but the cushions would be more interesting and dynamic if different stitch techniques were employed. I feel that for the exhibition in June I would like to produce cushions using , patchwork, pleating and applique in order to make the collection more interesting. The tea cosy I feel is a successful design , I have used recycled fabric to make the clothes for the characters and appliqued them onto the quilted fabric, the scent bags are made from fabrics from my children's old clothes. Again with the t-shirts the addition of embellishments and different stitch techniques will add interest, although when making garments for young children and babies it is important to make sure health and safety guidelines are followed and all new materials are used and also all additions need to be machine washable .


























































No comments:

Post a Comment