Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Claire Worthington FMP porfolio visit. Part 2

I met up with Claire again on Friday 22nd April and we set up my webdomain it cost £6. 43 for two years and is means that the website name is now mine (www.catherinesummersdesign.co.uk) Summers is my maiden name and I am going to use is for my business. Having googled the name Catherine Summers we did not find any other business trading under the same name which is good news. The website is not live yet as I need to get photographs of my portfolio of work to add to it and Claire is in the process of creating the different pages and collating all the information. She has asked me to write a short bio and think about what I want the website to do ie sell from it or create interest in my work, it needs to be clear what the role each of the pages of my site is for ie, to sign up for a news letter or to purchase an item etc etc. She explained that things can be changed and upgraded as are appropriate but advised to keep it simple initially and make it really easy for viewers to follow, We have also set up an email account for business which will be available via the website. Thanks Claire I look forward to our next meeting and the next stage of this exciting journey !

No comments:

Post a Comment