
Having had several meetings with Claire Worthington about the development of a website she also advised me to launch a 'social media campaign' using twitter, facebook and linkedin which are all online social networking sites. I created a twitter account on 4th March and was delighted to find I soon had several 'followers' from the art and design industry including a shop owner whom I am now in contact with regarding selling my work. I also found links to possible funding opportunities and local facilities such as a studio which offers silk screen printing services. I its a brilliant way to network and find people who will help and support you in your work. Claire said she had been at a lecture given by a woman who's business is to advise people about how to exploit online social media sites who had recommended that business people should tweet 6 times a day and the content of the tweets should be 20% information 20% entertaining 40% interaction and 20% business, in order to retain interest and be successful.
I have also joined linked in which is much more business focused and once I have finalised my portfolio and have quality photographs of my work ( my friend who is a professional photographer has offered to take shots of the uni show and all my work ) I plan to create a facebook page to help promote my work and link to my website.

No comments:
Post a Comment